An Old Proverb said “History can shape our future”. We are definitely agree with the relevance between past and future time. What you see on Jakarta in the old time play the biggest part of Jakarta today. Lucky for you, now we can show you an ‘evidence’ of glorious Jakarta in the old time, in a place called Jakarta Old Town.
Jakarta Old Town or Kota Tua is a place that surrounded by old building which built on Dutch colonial era around 16th century. The old building has wonderful structure, architecture, and you can see it blend with modern touch.
You can visit some of those building because it has function as a museum or restaurant, such as Bank of Indonesia Museum, Indonesia Puppet Museum (Wayang Museum Jakarta), Café Batavia, the Rode Winkle or known as the Red Store (Toko Merah Jakarta), et cetera. Additionally, we invite you to catch sight of the legendary big wooden Phinisi boat in Sunda Kelapa Old Harbor — let’s walk a little more to the north, shall we?
In Jakarta Old Town Tour, we will help you to reminisce the old vibe around Jakarta Old Town.
- We will walk around big canal that had important role in the old time
- We will walk into the big Phinisi boat where sailor work, live, and waiting for departure
- We will visit some interesting museum that will help you know better about Indonesian and its spices history
- We will stroll around Jakarta Old Town Square where you can see how fun it is to be a local!
On our city tour, all you need to prepare is a happy feet to explore and a big heart to understand real part of Jakarta. Do not worry about Jakarta’s heat, we will treat you a FREE local drink in the nice-aircon-cafe!
Duration : 3,5 – 4 hours
Starting time : 9 AM for morning schedule, 2 PM for evening schedule
Type of Tour : Walking Tour with Jakarta Private Tour Guide*
Meeting Point : Hotel Lobby in Central Jakarta or Puppet Museum of Batavia
Price List for Jakarta Old Batavia Tour:
> 59 Euro for single booking
> 49 Euro per person for two people’s booking
1. Guest Pickup only around Central Jakarta, applied for min. two people booking
2. All Transportation during the tour
3. One Museum Entrance Ticket (except for Monday’s tour schedule)
4. Mineral Water
5. FREE Drink in a nice air-con Cafe
6. Jakarta Private Guide Service*
Excluded : Meals, Personal Expenses, and Drop off
Bonus Visit an Authentic Shadow Puppet Workshop (depending on availability)
*Note: there will be a chance that you will join the tour with others, especially for one person booking. However, we promise to keep the group as small as possible. No more than five people in the group.